Thursday, October 3, 2013

Teepee time!

Yep.... I said it. Teepee. :-)

When I say teepee, Carys says, "No, pee pee".. Mama, pee pee. LOL
Seren and Carys have been trying to make forts with our Welsh Dragon blankets...Seren drapes the blanket between the two sofas and then precariously sits close to the big gap and laughs.... Now Carys on the other hand, tries to crawl across said gap! And yes, you guessed it...falls straight down!!

When I say teepee, Carys says, "No, pee pee"..mama pee pee LOL
Seren and Carys have been trying to make forts with our welsh blankets...Seren drapes the blanket between the two sofas and then precariously sits close to the big gap and laughs.... Now Carys on the other hand, tries to crawl across said gap! And yes, you guessed it...falls straight down!!

So we took a trip to our local Ace Store and picked up some wooden poles $2 each. Then we headed to our closest Savers store and choose a bed sheet $2.50.

Total cost $ 12.50!

Bargain and I made it so I can stuff it into a corner, out of the way when they're done playing with it - which I may add is only when they have gone to bed at night! They have used this a lot. The girls favorite hiding spot. As if I never knew lol....



Here we have the 5 poles, 1 old bed sheet and 1 window drape panel, twine & scissors, 1 Sewing machine and thread.

 I gathered the poles and tied the twine around each pole, then each other. Make sure you do this tightly. Then I draped the sheet over the poles to see where I needed to make the cut!


I didn't make a big cut, as I didn't want the material to fall too far down. Then I cut across to make the entrance.


Inside you can see I had plenty of material, so I trimmed it down, ready to hem.


Now with the gap towards the top of my entrance, I wanted to pretty it up, so I cut the window drape in half, then using a scrap bit of material I folded it into a diamond and pinned it, to cover the bulking fabric. Then I added the cut strips of drape to the edges, giving the TeePee a finished look.




I added an edge to the top of the teepee, so that you can't really see the twine. Again it finishes it off quite nicely. I also hemmed the bottom edges and sewed a button on for detail.








Carys snuck in some treats into her new little hiding place - or should I say Teepee !! Lol

Here is my finished

Teepee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts