Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Playdough Day.


Seren love's to play with her dough.
 As well as making snakes, she also tries to sneak eating the playdough!! Yuk, lol

Although; it's not going to harm her.. Its homemade playdough with flour, salt , cream of tartar and essential oil. Easy!

Although she tends to forget that it tastes really, really salty.. So when she eats some, she pulls quite the sour face lol...and spits the playdough out..

                                              Recipe for Playdough.


1 cup of Flour

1 cup of Salt (I used sea salt)

2 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar (Found in the spice Aisle)

1 Tablespoon Oil (I used Coconut Oil)


Essential Oils, Optional – (I used 7 drops of Peppermint)

Mix first 4 ingredients in a pan. Add water and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 – 5 minutes. Dough will Become difficult to stir and form a “clump”. Remove from stove and knead for 5 minutes, I used a little extra flour to help the kneading process.
Play dough will keep for a long time stored in a covered plastic container. We have been using ours for 5 weeks now & its still as good, as when we first made it, even smells lovely.

Also if it gets on to your carpet...don't worry let it dry & it will come off easy. I should know lol


(I chose not to use any food coloring, I prefer natural, but if you want to have colors, then try this blog site HERE - its colors are from spices & foods! Cool ideas - I will have to try it.)


My big little tinker :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts