Saturday, November 2, 2013

Yorkshire Puddings / Popovers

               


From as early as I can remember
 Have always been a staple
In the 'British Sunday Dinner'
Where we eat them as a savory, with a roast, vegetables and yummy gravy.

It's the 'Norm' to know 'How to' make Yorkshires. Although some may have a hard time to get them to RISE!! Argh ...lol

Now here in  the USA.
Now if you want to make Sweet Yorkshires/popovers
Just add some sugar, or cinnamon sugar.. 
The possibilities are endless to make savory or sweet.

Over the years, I have made so many Yorkshires...yet when I lived in Utah
The altitude.... Hindered the height of my Yorkshires :( boohoo

BUT.... Here in Madison

My Yorkshire Puddings RISE!
 WOOHOO YEAH.

Here is what you need to make Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers.


3 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 1/2 cups of Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
Oil  (to use for muffin tin) or if you have meat drippings USE that, 
as your savory Yorkshires will taste heavenly


Muffin Tin

Before you begin Heat your oven 425 deg 
While that is preheating you are going to make the Yorkshire/popover mixture.





Blend you Eggs & Milk



Add your Flour




Blend well Until you have NO more Lumps
I leave my mixture to settle, while the oil is heating in the oven.
 Then just before I pour into the HOT OIL
I give it a quick Whisk again.




I use not a full soup spoon of Oil, for EACH Muffin casing.
Pop it into the oven, for a good 3-4 mins.



To check if the oil is hot enough, I do a sizzle check.

Just dip your finger in your mixture then let it drip into the hot oil...

If it Sizzles.... The oil is hot enough.



The mixture will fill 1 full muffin tin.

Bake in the oven for  20 minutes then reduce oven temp to 350 deg.
Continue to bake till golden brown & dry to touch.

Voila!

Delicious Crispy Yorkshire Puddings / Popovers





This is how we Welsh/British People Eat Yorkshire Puddings....

Mmm.... Yummy.

What you doing still looking at the picture...hop to it and whisk up some of your own 
Yummy Yorkshires/Popovers.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts