Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quick Coffee Table Makeover


Last October, I featured my Coffee Table Makeover - well Spring is nearly upon us and after watching numerous HGTV makeover's or remodel rehab shows, I was itching to tackle my coffee table. 

BEFORE


When I did the makeover on my coffee table I didn't seal it - (I know myself, I change my mind too often lol)

But with the weather still biting cold here, I knew I couldn't go outside and do a full sanding down so this was my quick fix which only took 2 days.


First, I wiped off the paint using a simple kitchen scrubber sponge and warn water & soap


I wanted some of the paint to peek through, so I didn't take it all off.


Once I'd gotten the wood to look how I wanted it, I gave it a light sanding done with 220 grit fine.
Now it didn't take all of my wording off - but I wasn't worried as I will be covering it with a


I picked up some Minwax Ebony Stain which you can get from any hardware store or even Walmart.
 This pot cost $4.99


Leave it for about 15 minutes for the stain to soak in.



Then, using an old rag - wipe off any left over stain that hasn't been absorbed.
Leave to completely dry overnight.

I used 2 coats of Original Mod Podge Glue to seal it


And here's the end result.

I love how rich it looks in contrast to the Acadia White Paint on the legs of the coffee table. 

Quick Coffee Table Makeover




You can still see peeks of the white paint showing through. Making it look quite Rustic.


To see how I made the Wood Crate, CLICK HERE
To see how I made the Yellow Picture Frame Chalkboard Tray, CLICK HERE
Just add handles to the tray.






.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts