Monday, April 28, 2014

Chicken in Lemon & Parsley Sauce



Since Easter craziness, I've not really done any crafts of late, plus the weather has not been the very best.
Today all it's done is RAIN and thunderstorms! 
Which reminds me of being back home in Wales - the Rain that is.

I have been doing good lately, even with the naughty but nice easter chocolate madness.
I have kept up with counting my calories and exercising - to which I am pleased to say
That with the help of my LOSE IT app 
I am down 7lbs in 5 weeks
  This is my 6th week and weigh in this wed)
The app LOSE IT is so easy to use. I love it.
Yes, it does take a little time to calculate your meals of your cooking from scratch, but one you have them in the app, it's good to keep track of your calories.

So with yet another day inside, and wondering as to what I was going to make for dinner
And that it would be low in calories I decided on chicken tenders.


This is what you'll need:
 2lbs of chicken tenders
Flour
Lemon Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
Caper
Apple Cider Vinegar
Rice Vinegar
Parsley, Chopped
Lemon, squeezed.
Vegetable or Chicken Stock



Season the chicken with S&P.
Then lightly flour and set aside.


Heat your skillet with 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, 
Once the oil is hot, add the chicken.


Cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
Once cooked, add the capers (if you don't like capers leave out) 
 & 2 Tablespoons of butter 
Good couple of splashes of Rice Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar

Then cover and simmer for 3-4 mins
(If you're a wine drinker you can use White Wine instead of the vinegars ) 


Add the vegetable stock and cook for another minute.
Then add the parsley  and lemon juice, and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the chicken, cover and set aside. 



Now, I like my sauce to taste a little tastier, so I added 1/2 Tsp of Chicken Bouillon.
Stir well.


Add some cornflour to thicken the sauce. Stir well


Then to make it a little creamier, add some milk or cream & stir.
Stir well


Add the chicken back into the sauce, add some fresh parsley, cook for another few minutes.
Then serve.

You can serve with a fresh, tomato, cucumber & green onion salad,
Which is tossed in dill, lemon juice and salt.

This a quite a tart, yet tangy chicken dish, but quite delicious :)

Chicken In Lemon & Parsley Sauce



Add a side of steamed jasmine rice 
&
A dollop of
Fat free Fage yogurt with chopped parsley, seasoned with salt  & pepper.



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is quite a change from all my other creamy meal LOL..but I rather enjoyed the tart & acidic flavor & how the fage yogart balanced it out :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this -- it turned out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts