Sunday, June 22, 2014

Quick Art


I tend to change things up, whether it is in the living room or bathroom etc. 
 I feel changing or adding or removing things from a room, can give it a new lease of life.

So, with that in mind, I decided to do a Quick Art project for the girls' room.

I actually saw a picture like the one I painted at Hobby Lobby, the only difference is that mine cost, $12 and theirs $42. Huge difference.

It does help if you can draw, but even if you can't, this is easy to do.

You start with a primed canvas -- any size really, but I had a large on hand.
Acrylic paints, a few brushes, a white paint pen (thin tip) and water, pencil to sketch out your lines.



Start with mixing your desired color paint, and then paint it on your canvas.
Repeat another 2 times, leaving the paint to dry in between coats.


Once dried, sketch where you want the branches & Owl to go.


Paint the branches (3 coats)
Then paint the Owl (3 coats)


I used a silver iridescence paint over the whole owl, once I'd finished painting it.
This gives it a shiny appearance.


I think it looks rather cute, so does Seren and Carys, who cutely named it

"OWL"














No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts