Thursday, March 16, 2023

Relief Society 'T'Party 2023- Damascus Ward

Heard the saying, 'Come full circle.'

It can refer to interior design and fashion. Yes, fashion for me in the 80's and mom jeans! All back in fashion eek lol But, how about activities?

The last time I did this activity for my church was back when we lived in WI. 8 years and 6 days later, I organized the same theme for our RS birthday social again. This social is a yearly event in which we celebrate and commemorate the Relief Society's 181st anniversary on March 17, 2023.

This time round though, I had a little more $$ of my own to spend on it - all of which I'll keep for future parties and activities.

Overall the night was wonderful. I do wish more women came but hey-ho can't have it all lol 

Anyways, below are pictures from the evening. It took me about 2 and 1/2 hours to decorate *all by myself* :/ but with music as my company it wasn't so bad. I have to give a shout-out to Quincy Christianson and the guys who kindly got all the tables and chairs after their basketball game the night before. Thank you. :)


I think you'd agree though the wisteria did a good job of hiding the basketball hoop lol


For 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes I made up some simple * with help from Lindsay Haley - cute little gifts that consisted of donated teacups and saucers from Alice Truscott and myself, cookie cutters in the shapes of teacups and teapots, shortbread biscuits, bookmarks, chocolate and mini clip-on Fascinators and lavender sachets.


Table settings: I picked up the cutest napkins from T-J Maxx which I used for the teacup napkin and the cut-off parts to tie around the plastic ware. The reusable clear teacups I got from Tablecloth factory - I love this online site! I even got the wedding arch drapery fabric & table runners and square sheer overlays and wisteria in cream and pink. I did, however, find more wisteria at my local thrift store Hardwood House! Like what are the chances! Slim. They had bundles of 5 stems of wisteria for $2.50! I bought all of them lol 

                                    Don't you just love the teacup napkin through the handle!


The cookie cutters, disposable teacups and saucers, and the teapot centerpiece from Amazon.

All of the bookmarks I made. I did buy the digital copies from Etsy: Alice in Wonderland #1 & Alice in Wonderland #2 and the wildflower. I did, however, laminate and add bookmark tassels to them.

I did make all the mini teapots and teacups, cupcake toppers, and hanging displays and banners using my Cricut and Laminator. And i made the Army guards from Alice in Wonderland from foam posterboard. I made pin wheels and crepe paper flowers too :)


I had asked some sisters to decorate the table centers and they did a wonderful job- shout out to Amy Taye, Camille Fredrickson, Jessica Davies & Annika Niven :) Thank you, ladies.






The evening went as follows: Welcome everyone, followed by a light dinner that consisted of cucumber, egg, and cress sandwiches, chicken salad croissants, cheese, veggie platters, fresh fruit, hummus, brownies, ice cream,








and treats brought by some of the ladies, 2 Victoria sandwich cakes made by Sarah & Kate Christianson - Yum :) and I made the cupcakes.

We had a musical number by Shuana & Audry Bastion - they sang Peace in Christ.

Sarah Christianson gave us the spiritual thought, titled, 'Making time for the Lord each day.'

And we had the announcement of the best-decorated hat. So, all in all, I think the night was a 'T' party success :) And was worn out afterward lol ESP as we've been doing renovations at home - new flooring :/ which I'll post soon. 



Denny Stewart won 1st prize

Connie Price won 2nd

Heather Hurren won 3rd




9 comments:

Popular Posts