Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Day, A New Year.



A New Year, brings about new year's resolutions, goals thought of and planned and in some cases, unfulfilled, (yes, even by me) and of course for those who like to have a drink or two; a hangover.

For me, it's more of fall asleep before midnight and waking numerous times thanks to little knees and feet pushing on my back and little hands splayed across my face, those feet and hands, not my hubby's but our little tinker, Carys.

Yet, today is a brand new day and I started it off with two little girls wanting breakfast, then breaking up squabbles between Seren and Carys about who gets the all the playdoh! With that all sorted, I sipped a warm cup of ginger and honey herbal tea. Next on my list of to-do's, WORK ON MY BOOK. 



While the girls busied themselves with the building blocks, I got down to brass tacks and started writing. 
As a rule, I don't make resolutions anymore after many good hearted attempts in which resulted in I'll start tomorrow on repeat, especially where chocolate is concerned Lol but what I am going to do is tackle every NEW and do my best :) 

If that means, only a couple of paragraphs of my book get written due to spending time on my hands and knees playing with the girls and their toys, so be it. I shall not call that being lazy and unproductive. 
If it means, less time making things or blogging on my blog, then so be it. I have to finish my first draft!


 HAVE TO.
 I have a way to go! But I can do it.



If you are in the throngs of writing a book of your own then good for you. 
If you are waiting in the starting block and are nervous, waiting for the gun to sound, don't wait. 
JUST GO for it.


Sitting there staring at a blank screen can and is daunting to say the least, however, don't let that stop you. You have a story to tell, write it. 


Here is a great article from Brian Klems on writing tips for writing true events into Fiction.
Click HERE to read 

And also by Brian Klems, 50 Articles on Writing to help you write
Click HERE to read






2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read your book. Good luck and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I can't wait to read the final version too :) I just finished a short story and can't decide whether to enter the story into a short story competition :/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts