Saturday, August 29, 2020

Cornhole Anyone?



For a little while now, I've been wanting back garden games, and now with our garden finally all done, I knew cornhole would be a great way to start. Not including the kid's frisbees or balls that is.

I set about looking, mainly online for cornhole and boy, are some of those costly! I decided to wait a little bit to see if I prices would go down. 

Then lo and behold, during a Target run ( who doesn't love Target!) I found this baby! cornhole on sale no less! 

SOLD!

And it was plain just how I wanted it. Why you may ask? 

Easy - custom cornhole time.

Which meant - drawing the design and painting. Sweet.

I must say, I'm pretty chuffed how it turned out too :)



Start with a paper template and what you want to draw! 
Of course, for me, that meant the


Once you have the design you literally trace over what you've drawn onto the wood. 
Then remove the paper template and trace over what you just traced. 
(which I don' have a picture off! )
Then its painting time.


It's pretty straightforward. 
Three main colors
RED
GREEN
WHITE
and little black lol



numerous coats later - I outlined with black and did a little shade work. I had my daughter, Ashton to draw the words on paper for me then I traced them onto the paint and then outlined with pencil and then painted them. 
And sprayed with Rustoleum 


Welsh Pride


And here they are outside ready for use!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts